My skin has always been slightly acne-prone, and I get break-outs, so I thought that I’d do a post on some of the things that really help me treat my skin, and things that actually DO (sometimes!) work. (Remember, I am NOT a professional, ha ha, and this may not work for everybody!)
1. I use the REN Glycolactic mask once every week, and this does help make my skin a bit more clean and fresh, but as my skin is very stubborn, it still isn’t enough, but I suppose I’m at the stage when I can’t get rid of it all completely, but this does help (Quite pricey though…)!
2. I also use the Visibly Clear 2 in 1 wash and mask from Neutrogena which I use to wash my face with in the morning and at night, and this helps just to wake up my face!
3. The Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Spot Wand for day and for night helps me reduce spots and redness, so I like to use this, and to be honest, I would recommend anything with Tea Tree in, as this really does help! You can get Tea tree steamers, and Tea Tree moisturisers too!
4. This is kind of an obvious one…Invest in a little exfoliator cloth! I use this to rub away dry skin, but please do not do it everyday, as this can be quite harsh on your skin! Maybe whenever you feel like your skin needs a little pick me-up when it’s feeling dry and flaky!
5. Toothpaste can sometimes work when applied to spots and left overnight, but be warned…It could lead to dryness and flakes, and on some skin types it might not work, and it may sting! I’ve used this before, and it did work a bit, but I’ve only tried it once, and only do it if you’re in so much need of it, as you should not do it everyday!
6. Sudocrem has been recommended to treat spots as a sort of mask by a lot of people, and I have tried this once myself, and my skin did feel a little bit better once I’d taken it off, but although this did help slightly, it didn’t COMPLETELY remove spots as such, although if you would like to try it when you have just a few spots, then maybe it will work more!